As the aerospace sector continues to push the performance boundaries of metal, composite and polymer-based assets, Exova’s mechanical testing expertise gives the assurances you need on future safety and performance. Our reputation is built on technical capabilities, service and, critically, the integrity and quality of our results. With no room for error, we work closely with our customers to understand their operational and commercial needs to ensure we meet their requirements.
Confidence through knowledge
Our expertise is available around the globe, with a network of experts and specialist facilities conducting a range of destructive and static testing, including tensile and charpy impact tests, to more technically demanding fatigue and fracture toughness tests. This range of testing programmes requires advanced inspection technology and, where required, the test specimen can also be conditioned or aged before the tests are performed.
Tests on materials, components or products are completed within a controlled environment at temperatures from -80º C to + 1200 ºC and controlled humidity. Supported by dedicated machine shops, we can ensure rapid sample processing, providing peace of mind and cost-effective solutions within your timescales.
Our aerospace mechnical testing capabilities include:
- Tension and compression testing using load frames with capacity from 50 lbf to 600,000 lbf
- Impact testing including charpy, Izod and drop weight testing
- Hardness testing including Vickers, Brinell and Rockwell
- Fatigue specimen testing including single and multi axis, rotational bend, and strain and load capable
- Fracture toughness including K1c, J1c
- Creep and stress rupture, including tension and compression, and hydrogen embrittlement with specimen testing up to 20,000 lbf and 1093°F
Read more about the expertise and capabilities of Exova Aerospace.