Non-destructive testing by highly qualified specialists
Exova carries out a wide range of non-destructive testing at any stage of a product's lifecycle, from the development process through to testing end products prior to delivery. We can also perform tests while the product is in use or after it has been repaired.
At Exova, our non-destructive testing personnel are highly qualified specialists, holding approvals to ASNT Level III. We test a wide range of materials, from raw materials such as sheet, plate, bar, and pipelines, to fully finished components.
Non-destructive testing capabilities
Our non-destructive testing services include: gamma ray, x-ray, ultrasonic (including immersion), C-Scan, dye penetration; ASNT Level III and Level II, Visual, radiography, field services, structural steel inspection and Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI).
Our specialist non-destructive testing services include micro-focus radiography, which is particularly well suited to the examination of smaller components incorporating fine detail, such as turbine blades.
Utilising multiple non-destructive testing techniques
Non-destructive testing techniques are a combination of different methods that need to be chosen on a case-by-case basis to achieve the best result possible.
At Exova, we frequently combine several different testing methods for the same test sample. Although customers often enquire which minor defects can be found with a particular test method, a far more important factor is to analyse which defects are missed with a particular test method.
Our non-destructive testing services include:
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT), including C-scan, Immersion (IUT), Phased Array
- Radiographic Testing (RT, Radiography, X-ray) including Gamma Ray
- Eddy Current Testing (ET)
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Visual and Optical Testing (VT)
- Leak Testing (LT, Leak Detection)
- Acoustic Emission Testing (AE)
- Infrared and Thermal Testing (IR)
- Resonance Testing (ART, Acoustic Resonance Testing)
Our skills and experience
Exova recognises the importance of having qualified and highly trained technical staff to oversee our non-destructive testing procedures. We adhere to clearly defined certification systems that have been established to guarantee the highest possible standards of expertise on the part of Exova personnel. We run two training centres which specialise in teaching non-destructive testing to ASNT, EN4179 and EN473, and have EASA 145 approval and BAE systems approval for level 3.
Some of the areas where we can provide non-destructive testing:
- Practical testing
- System tests and calibration of testing equipment
- Selection and implementation of testing methods
- Development and implementation of suitable testing methods
- Preparation of guidance documentation for testing processes
- Training of testing personnel
- Third party certification of testing personnel
- Technical advice and level III support
- Tailor made testing systems
- Non-destructive testing for defence
Non-destructive testing for aerospace
Exova's non-destructive testing services for the aerospace industry include specialist capabilities such as micro-focus radiography, which is particularly well-suited to the examination of smaller components incorporating fine detail, such as turbine blades.
Our non-destructive testing experts test a wide range of materials, ranging from raw materials, such as sheet, plate, bar, coatings, and composites, to fully finished components.
Read more about Exova's expertise and capabilities in non-destructive testing for the aerospace industry.
Non-destructive testing for defence
We provide a range of material testing and advisory services to producers in the defence industry. Despite the complexity of defence technology, performance is often founded on non-destructive testing. Exova can help you to establish your non-destructive testing requirements giving you the confidence needed to move to the next phase of your project.
Exova NDT has been providing a high quality non-destructive testing and radiographic inspection service to the industrial sector since 1997. Today, Exova NDT remains at the forefront of the NDT market, both in the UK and abroad.
In 2016, we increased the service capabilities at our Sheffield works by obtaining UKAS accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2005. Details of our accreditation can be found here. For information on how to order testing in line with our ISO 17025:2005 accreditation, please contact us through our contact us page.
High quality NDT across Europe
Exova NDT provides a high quality, high capacity and fast turnaround radiographic inspection service for cast, forged and welded products. Our experts have been providing radiographic inspection services to the European manufacturing industry since 1997. By constantly investing in the latest radiography inspection equipment we can offer radiographic inspection on items of various weights, ranging from a few kilos up to in excess of 10 tonnes. 24 hour production schedules and eight inspection bays enable us to offer, and conform to, time critical schedules.
- 24 hour operation/production schedule
- 8 inspection bays
- Euro access bay
- State of the art 9 Mev Betatron
- Workshop with a full length, 16 tonne overhead crane with an indoor area for faster, easier loading and unloading of products
- Up to 3 day turnaround on any single item
- Cobalt and iridium isotopes
Exova NDT uses advanced technology and cutting-edge techniques alongside traditional methods. Our equipment consists of:
- 4 x Agfa NDT-U automatic film processors
- 2 x 320 KV Comet constant potential x-ray units
- 3 x Iridium 192 up to 100 curie
- 4 x Cobalt 60 up to 50 curie
- 2 x Variable Betatron 2 MeV to 6 Mev (2 x 0.2mm effective focal spot)
- Variable Betatron 2 MeV to 7.5 MeV (3 x 0.3mm effective focal spot)
- 2 x Variable Betatron 2 MeV to 9 MeV (3 x 0.3mm effective focal spot)
Contact UsWhatever your query, we'll pass it on to our experts and respond within a very short space of time.More details
No. 18 Jalan Mega 1/5, Taman Prindustrian Nusa Cemerlang,
Johor Bahru 79200
Contact: Sherly Wijaya - Senior Lab Manager
Tel: +607 509 6822
Fax: +607-509 9835
Admaterials Technologies Pte Ltd, 58 Sungei Kadut Loop,
Contact: Jinping Lu - Managing Director
Tel: (65) 6362 9066
Fax: (65) 6362 2080
ASJ-vägen 7, Box 1340,
Contact: Ulrika Conte - Operations Manager
Tel: +46 (0)13 16 90 00
Blackbrook Business Park,
Narrow Boat Way,
Dudley, West Midlands, DY2 0XQ
Contact: Jonathan Pugh - General Manager
Tel: +44 (0)1384 455 880
Fax: +44 (0)1384 457 250