With a broad range of expertise and skilled resources at our disposal, we perform chemical analysis that helps you identify the contents and composition of various materials and substances to suit a variety of needs.
Chemical analysis using qualified techniques
We carry out quantitative and qualitative chemical analysis using qualified techniques, specialising in pollution analysis, quality control, analysis of process fluids, and a range of physical and thermal analysis procedures.
Our chemical analysis of materials helps identify the composition and structure of a diverse range of materials, such as metals, composites, adhesives systems, plastic and rubber.
Our experts can help establish the composition of unidentified samples, such as deposits and coatings, which often consist of complex structures requiring several different analytical approaches.
Quality control of materials
We conduct an extensive programme of quality analysis of materials used for composite structures, such as prepreg, adhesive film and different plastic matrices.
Control of process baths
We apply chemical analysis techniques to various production processes used for identifying the composition of cutting fluids and surface treatments.
Our expertise in thermal analysis covers various physical and mechanical properties, including glass transition temperature, melting point, and oxidation of polymeric materials.
Our chemical analysis facilities
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP)
- Energy Dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence (ED-XRF)
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Gas Chromatography (GC-FID, GC-MS)
- Gel Permeation Chromatography (GPC)
- Dynamic Mechanical Analysis (DMA)
- Thermo Gravimetric Analysis (TGA)
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
- Pressure Differential Scanning Calorimetry (PDSC Oxidation)
We also perform material analysis using light optical and scanning electron microscopes (SEM).