Location: Warren, MI
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Reporting to the Environmental Supervisor, this position has the primary responsibility to perform Material and Corrosion Testing per specifications such as Flammability, Abrasion, Tensile, Elongation, Scratch, Mar, Chemical, Environmental, Neutral Salt Spray, CASS, Adhesions, PressureWash, Dust, etc.
Other responsibilities include:
- Perform analysis as documented in the test method.
- Interpret and validate results and data
- Prepare reagents and standards
- Advise team leader when equipment is not functioning
- Maintain equipment maintenance log and reagent preparation log
- Input results into Laboratory Data Book and maintain Daily Log’s on a consistent basis.
- Maintain good housekeeping at all times to ensure a clean and safe work environment
- Request supplies and consumables in advance of requirement by recording needed items in order book
- Assist with the training of new staff in test methods
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High school diploma
- 3 to 5 years experience in a lab setting would be an asset however it is not mandatory as training will be provided
- Computer literacy and basic use of Microsoft Office Suite of Products, Power Point, Word, Excel
- Weekend and/or evening shifts may be required
IS EXOVA RIGHT FOR YOU?
We are looking for individuals with drive, who want challenge and responsibility and, most of all, who want to make a difference. If this sounds like you, then joining Exova could be the most exciting career move you will make.
View the video about our most valuable asset, Our People: http://bit.ly/1aWdn8D
You can shape the future!
As we continue to grow, we need more great people.
Exova’s people make a genuine difference to our 20,000 customers worldwide. They provide trusted knowledge and support to the world’s leading organisations, and they even help to create lasting legacies for future generations.
Exova is recognised for providing technically demanding services in testing, calibration and advisory services. Our customers trust us to provide independent assurance on safety, quality and performance, helping them to push the boundaries in areas including materials performance, engineering, science and construction.
We are a truly global group, with over 3,500 experts in 22 countries worldwide. As part of our team, you will be given the opportunity to develop your skills and work with some of the very best people in their field - sharing the knowledge that delivers valued solutions to our customers.
Whether you are in a specialist, technical or support role, at Exova you will play a key role in shaping the future.
Exova has a proud history of delivering testing, calibration and advisory services to leading customers around the world.
Be Exova’s next great hire. Apply Now: https://exova.mua.hrdepartment.com/ats
We thank all those who apply; however only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Exova is an AA/EEO employer